LGBT Divorce Law Firm
Family law for same-sex couples involves many of the same issues that traditional couples experience, as well as some unique differences. Same-sex couples need to consider things like prenuptial agreements, estate planning and other legal issues in the same way that traditional couples do, but same-sex couples have to consider things like parental adoptions for nonbiological parents and legal recognition of their marriages in states that do not recognize these marriages.
It is important to work with a law firm that understands your issues and concerns and that can provide the comprehensive legal representation you need. At Eden Rafferty, we represent clients in throughout central Massachusetts in a variety of same-sex family law matters. Our Worcester same-sex couple divorce lawyers bring more than 80 combined years of legal experience to every client’s case. With a shared commitment to providing personalized attention to every client’s individual matters, our lawyers will take the time to listen to you, understand your needs and help you achieve your objectives.
At Eden Rafferty, we pride ourselves on our history of legal service to the LGBT community. Contact us to learn more about how we can help you.
Providing Solutions For A Range Of Same-Sex Couple Family Law Legal Matters
We represent same-sex couples in the MetroWest area and throughout central Massachusetts in family law matters that include:
- Divorce and legal separation: We represent same-sex couples in litigation and mediation regarding all aspects of divorce and its related issues, including division of assets, child support, child custody, spousal support and other important matters.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements: We advise all of our clients to draft a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement. Just like in traditional marriages, same-sex couples generally do not plan to get divorced when they enter into the marriage; but it happens, and it is better to be prepared with a prenup or postnup.
- Legal counsel: We provide legal counsel to same-sex couples in all aspects of their marriages. One of the primary issues facing same-sex couples right now is the possibility of relocating into states that do not legally recognize their marriages. We can help you understand your rights, your options, and the legal issues you will face.
- Guardianships and conservatorships: These essential estate planning documents can help you plan for a variety of future events and give you the peace of mind you need.
- Adoption: We represent same-sex couples in adoption procedures. Second parent adoptions for same-sex couples are similar in some ways to stepparent adoptions for other couples. However, some unique legal issues arise in the process of establishing the nonbiological spouse’s parental rights in a same-sex marriage.
Contact Gay Marriage And Divorce Lawyers
To schedule a consultation with an experienced lawyer from Eden Rafferty, call 508-471-3273 or contact us online.