Richard J. Rafferty
Attorney Richard Rafferty has over 29 years experience fighting for the rights and freedoms of people living throughout Massachusetts. He is a 1983 graduate of Worcester State College, a 1988 graduate of New England School of Law, and continues to find opportunities to develop his craft and better serve his clients.
As a true influencer and leader in his industry, Mr. Rafferty remains heavily active in key associations and organizations throughout Massachusetts, including:
- President-Elect of the Worcester County Bar Association
- Member of the Massachusetts County Bar Association
- Member of the Worcester County Bar Association
- Member of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
Attorney Rafferty concentrates his practice in the areas of Personal Injury, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Medical Malpractice and Criminal Law, areas where he feels he can have the greatest impact representing innocent victims whose lives have been disrupted or altered through no fault of their own. He brings into each case a level of determination, expertise, and passion, as well as the respect of judges and prosecutors, making it possible for him to help his clients get the results they deserve.
Attorney Rafferty is also passionate about his work with local labor unions, and remains invested in representing these unions and the incredible work they do.
He is also actively involved with community organizations across Worcester, including CENTRO, where he serves as Chairman of the Board. Attorney Rafferty has volunteered with Centro for more than 25 years, and has served on its board since 1992. CENTRO is a multi-service and multicultural non-profit organization committed to helping local individuals and families reach self-sufficiency, while promoting social responsibility, fostering cultural identity, and encouraging families to be significant contributors to the community as a whole.
Mr. Rafferty’s work with CENTRO closely aligns with the work he does for his clients – he fights for people who need and deserve a voice in the community.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Criminal Law
- New England School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts – 1988
- Worcester State College – 1983
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Worcester County Bar Association, President-Elect
- Massachusetts County Bar Association, Member
- Worcester County Bar Association, Member
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, Board of Governors
- CENTRO, Chairman of the Board